Luther Rose (Seal)
Who We Are
What We Believe
The Quill (Newsletter)
Lutheran Highway (Links)
- The entire Bible, which points to Jesus as the Savior, is the
inspired and errorless Word of God. It is God's message of love
and hope for all people.
- There is only one true God, who exists in three persons: Father, Son
and Holy Spirit
- God is the creator and owner of everything that exists.
- Adam and Eve, our first parents, were originally created by God pure
and holy. They lived according to God's will, doing what was
pleasing to Him.
- Adam and Eve, the man and woman God created in the beginning, went
against God's will and brought sin into the world. Since that
time, all people have been conceived and born to sin.
- Sin is living out of relationship with God, not living according to
God's will, and thus transgressing His holy will in thought, word and
- People cannot save themselves by their good works or restore
themselves to a right relationship with God.
- God sent His Son, Jesus, into the world. He is both true God
and True man. He lived to fulfill God's law for us, died on the
cross to pay the penalty our sins deserved, and rose from the dead so
that we might have eternal life. He ascended into heaven, where He
now sits at the right hand of The Father to intercede for us.
- Because of Jesus' death on the cross, God declares a person just or
righteous and forgiven. This happens not because of human effort,
but because the justification won by Jesus is applied to the one who
believes in Jesus as Savior.
- Faith in Jesus is a gift of God, given by the power of the Holy
Spirit; thus all the glory belongs to God.
- The means of grace are the Word, Holy Baptism and Holy
Communion. By these means, the merits of Jesus' perfect life and
atoning death are personally conveyed to all who believe in Jesus as
- Jesus will come again to take all believers to Himself. On the
final day, all the dead will be raised. Those who are still alive
will be bodily transformed. After this, the final judgment will
take place. Unbelievers will go into eternal damnation, and
believers into eternal life.
- The true Christian church is made up of all believers of all times
who believe in the Triune God and in Jesus Christ as their only
- God wants Christians to join with other believers in churches which
correctly teach God's Word and administer Holy Baptism and Holy
Communion according to the teachings of Scripture.
- Christians are called to tell to others that the only way of
salvation is by faith in Jesus Christ and to show their faith by their
deeds of love toward others.